Pay increases are provided at scheduled intervals of training. Upon completion of SCMNJATC and MPLS JATC graduates are state-licensed journeymen electricians, receiving the full pay rate. They will also be able to access our large network of partnering contractors for employment opportunities.
Apprentices will receive structured on-the-job electrical training under a supervising mentor as well as dynamic classroom studies in related subjects. Both SCMNJATC and MPLS JATC emphasize the safe use, care and handling of tools and equipment required for electrical work. If you are looking to make a career change, have excellent problem solving skills and the drive to succeed, this program is for you.
SCMNJATC and MPLS JATC qualify you in three specialty areas:
- Inside Wiremen: Install and connect commercial electrical systems. This includes wiring, lighting, and other electrical controls/devices.
- Residential Wiremen: Install and connect electrical systems in single-family and multi-family residences.
- Installation Technicians (Statewide Limited Energy JATC): Install circuits and equipment for telephone, computer, video, security / access control, and other low-voltage systems.
Acceptance guidelines for SCMNJATC and MPLS JATC are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Achieve qualifying score on an aptitude test
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Verifiably drug free